Access to the Website
You do not have to register to access the website. The Foundation has the exclusive right to suspend access to the website, in whole or in part, in particular (but not exclusively) during management, maintenance, repair, alteration or modernization operations. The Foundation may also choose to terminate the website or any of the services, either permanently or temporarily, partially or totally, without prior notice and at any time.
Use of the Website
Use of the Website is subject to compliance with the following rules:
- Do not use the Website to send or make available any content that may be illegal, false, misleading, threatening, malicious, abusive, defamatory, injurious, invasive of privacy, racially, ethically or morally objectionable, harmful or offensive to human dignity or harmful to minors, or that may negatively affect the image of the Foundation;
- Do not use the website to send or make available information or content that belongs to third parties and that you do not have the right to use, such as that protected by third-party copyright or containing third-party personal data;
- Do not use the website to make available or transmit any type of material that contains or may contain viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items including computer codes, files or programs that are likely to interrupt, destroy or limit the operation of any equipment or computer system (hardware or software) or communications equipment;
- Do not use or exploit the website, including its contents, materials, features or resources (all content made available may be accessed for personal use only) for commercial purposes or others that are in any way subject to payment;
- Do not remove any copyright, trademark or right of ownership notice;
- Do not impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to a person in charge of the Foundation; do not provide guidance to or welcome anyone as a host, or falsely attest to being affiliated or related to any person;
- Do not make available or transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized content such as SPAM;
- Do not collect, store, make available, transmit, use or reproduce information about other Users (including User names and/or e-mail addresses) for unauthorized purposes.
In general, the User must navigate the website in a responsible, prudent and careful manner, and should not disturb or degrade the continuity, integrity and quality of the features and functionality of the website. The User acknowledges that it uses the website at his/her own risk and is solely responsible for any damage caused to its system and/or computer equipment or for other damages or losses, including loss or damage to data, resulting from the use of materials, content or information obtained, in any way, through the website.
Users also acknowledge that if they provide information (identification, contact details and bank details regarding payment transactions associated with the Foundation’s online ticket office), the Foundation will do everything in its power to ensure information security, but will not be responsible for the processing of such information by third parties (including entities providing payment services and financial transactions), nor will is it possible to exclude the risks involved in open data browsing.
My Gulbenkian Account
Users may access the website as visitors.
Users can, for example, view general information on the activities of the Foundation, consult the agenda and view products available for purchase.
Users may choose to create a personal account (“My Gulbenkian Account”) to access certain features and elements of the website – in which case, it will be necessary to provide personal data, to be processed in accordance with the Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Users must keep the access data to their My Gulbenkian Account as confidential and must not disclose it to third parties or navigate under conditions that allow said third parties to decode or copy it. Should Users forget their access data to their My Gulbenkian Account, they must request the creation of a new password directly on the website.
The Foundation will send you an e-mail informing you that your account has been canceled, using the contact e-mail address indicated by you when creating the My Gulbenkian Account. The Foundation is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damages arising from the cancellation of your My Gulbenkian Account.
Users may request the cancellation of their My Gulbenkian Accounts at any time, by sending an email to this effect, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Foundation allows for the online purchase of tickets for events, shows, workshops, visits and/or other initiatives and activities organized by the Foundation. This service may be accessed at www.bilheteira.gulbenkian.pt/.
The online purchase of tickets is not subject to prior registration of Users on the website, although a valid and active e-mail address is required in order to complete the purchase operation.
Users must ensure a responsible and adequate use of the Foundation’s online ticket office, in particular by providing only their own payment data or other data with the express consent of the respective holder and otherwise ensure that the latter’s bank and payment details are correct.
Users must follow the steps below to complete the process of buying and collecting tickets through the online ticket office:
- Selection of data relevant to the purchase (identification of the initiative in question, date/time and number of tickets);
- Identification of the personal and contact data requested, as well as that necessary for issuing an invoice – the information marked with an asterisk (*) is mandatory and essential for completing the transaction;
- Following steps (i) and (ii), Users will be redirected to a REDUNICRE page, which will be the entity responsible for processing the payment transaction – in this context, Users should comply with REDUNICRE’s procedures and data requests;
- The purchase is considered complete and valid only once the User has received an e-mail by email@example.com, which will include the relevant information associated with the purchase, namely: purchase reference number, invoice and the ticket (s) in pdf format (sent in attachment to the e-mail).
For discounted tickets, the supporting documents for the discount in question must be presented at the venue entrance.
When using the online ticket office, security measures are implemented to transmit potentially sensitive information, such as credit card data, which are protected through the use of secure certificates.
The secure certificate uses the public/private key system, the former being used by the client to encrypt the information and the latter, known only to the server, used to “decrypt” it. Installation of the certificate automatically activates the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL), creating a secure communication channel between the server and the client’s browser.
Once activated by the certificate, SSL provides the following secure communication components:
- Authentication – Users can verify that the website does not belong to a third party.
- Privacy – Information exchanged between the User’s browser and the server is encrypted through use of a key (a single key is issued per session). The server sends the session key to the User, encrypted with the public key. These levels of protection ensure that information cannot be viewed if it is intercepted by unauthorized third parties.
- Integrity – A security code is generated according to the content of each message. The device that receives the message also receives its code, which is used to confirm whether or not its content has changed.
If a single character of the message has been changed, a different security code is originated.
Users may clarify any doubts regarding the terms of operation of the online ticket office or make any suggestion or complaint by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to the headquarters of the Foundation, addressed to its Central Services.
Intellectual Property Rights
Users acknowledge that the structure and layout of the website, the selection, organization and presentation of its content, including its functions and the software it uses, as well as the trademarks, logos and symbols presented on it, are the property of the Foundation or have been duly licensed to same.
Users further acknowledge that the contents of this website (texts, images, graphics, marks, sound and animation and all other information and elements contained therein) are protected by intellectual property rights and their use is limited to the terms permitted by law and to identification of their origin.
The Foundation is responsible for managing the design and layout of all information, content and materials on the website and it may, at any time, update, modify or delete any content, services, options or features, or change its presentation and configuration and alter the respective URLs.
Use of this website does not necessarily require the provision of personal data. However, if you wish to clarify any doubts, submit a complaint, comments or suggestions, or create a My Gulbenkian account, or if you consent to the processing of data for marketing purposes, (including subscribing to the Foundation’s newsletters) the provision of personal data will be required. This data will be processed in accordance with the Privacy and Cookies Policy available on this Website.
The information provided on the Foundation’s website is essentially intended to clarify and inform Users about aspects of the Foundation’s activity, as well as the products and services it offers to the public.
Liability and warranties
The website was developed to reflect the interests of our different types of Users and the target audience of the Foundation’s own initiatives. However, we cannot guarantee that the website or any functionality available therein will meet specific needs and expectations.
The Foundation further does not guarantee that:
- The results obtained through the use of the Website are correct, true, suitable or reliable;
- The Foundation does not assume any legal obligation towards any information or suggestion of any kind that is presented or made available on the website, or obtained through its use, is current, accurate, complete or free from errors;
- Any material or other content made available by third parties through the website is secure, legal or appropriate;
- The qualities, functions or characteristics of the products, services, information or other materials or contents disclosed on the Website fulfill the expectations of the Users.
The Foundation will not be liable for errors caused by system irregularities or faults (temporary or permanent) of the website, applications or other tools. The Foundation will not be liable for any damages resulting from misuse or inability to use the website.
Links to third party Websites
The Foundation may provide links to pages of other entities. These websites do not belong to, nor are they operated or controlled by, the Foundation. The Foundation is not responsible, nor does it approve or in any way support or subscribe to the content of these websites, or third party links referred to therein. The provision of these links does not, under any circumstances, imply a relationship between the Foundation and the owner or manager of the web page to which the link refers.
In light of the above, the Foundation is not responsible for the legal compliance, reliability or quality of any content made available therein, nor for compliance with applicable legal rules in relation to said content. Users are entirely responsible for the use of these links.
The Foundation does not guarantee continuous operation of the Website, nor that it will be free of errors or faults or that it will be available at all times.
The Foundation naturally endeavors to ensure that the website does not have any viruses or other such elements harmful to your computer or other device from which you access the website.
However, since the Foundation cannot fully control or monitor the circulation of information over the Internet, it is not possible to exclude the possible existence of virus or other elements that could damage your computer.
To ensure the security of the website, the Foundation may, at any time and without prior notice, take the necessary steps to ensure the integrity, security, continuity or quality of the Website, such as restricting or limiting access to same.
Validity of Terms and Conditions of Use
All issues and disputes that may arise regarding these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Lisbon District Court, with express waiver of any other.