National Dialogue on Portugal's vision for the future (2050)
National Dialogue on Portugal’s vision for the future
The Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation is searching for entities to execute a participatory and inclusive dialogue on Portugal’s vision for the future (2050).
This process, at national level, combines strategic foresight and public participation, and will allow to build a realistic and ambitious vision for the future of Portugal that is collectively negotiated by all generations, defining concrete objectives, and indicators for its monitoring.
The goals of this project are:
- To hold a participative process at a national scale, involving the citizens on the discussion and negotiation of a collective vision of Portugal for the future, based on the scenarios that resulted from the Foresight 2030, a project developed by the Foundation, published in February 2022;
- To identify the main trade-offs between present and future, as well as the different perspectives between the various generations;
- To generate deeper understanding of drivers of change, their interdependencies, how inequality is transmitted through generations and a set of potential alternative futures;
- To draw a vision for the future of Portugal that is collectively negotiated by all generations, and that include concrete objectives and indicators for its monitoring.
The proposal should be submitted until the 15th of May 2022. The project is expected to begin no later than October 2022. The final report and project outputs should be delivered in a period of 6 to 12 months, until November 2023.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please include the following details:
- Briefly explain your motivation to apply and what makes your team ready to outstandingly fulfil our goal;
- Explain how you plan to approach this challenge;
- Present a preliminary workplan and timeline, indicating some key intermediate steps and milestones;
- Name and current position of each team member;
- Include a detailed budget, specifying costs by major tasks, including an estimation of hours required from each team member.