Museum Courtyard – Plantation Plan
This document of technical specifications is included in a set of documents [i] developed by the landscape architect António Viana Barreto, after being invited, in May 1976, to carry out the project of revitalization or adaptation of certain areas of the park, which he oversaw until December 1979.
Viana Barreto defined as the main objectives the consolidation of the principles that had been defined as fundamental in 1961.
His actions focused on:
– the southern area of the garden;
– the replacement of the elms, located in the west, by honeyberry shrubs;
– flowerbeds and courtyards.
[i] Congress Courtyard – Shrubs
Museum Courtyards – Plantation – Coating
Calouste Gulbenkian Park – Status on the conservation of the Museum’s courtyards and roof of the 1st floor of the Headquarters
- Production date: 1976
- Designers (main authors): BARRETO, António Facco Viana
- Contributors (co-authors): FCG – Serviço de Projectos e Obras
- Project phase: Revisão de 1966
- Identifier: PT FCG FCG:SCT/02-DES00030
- Temporal coverage: 1976
- Type of data: Image
- Extension format: 1 desenho
- Media format: jpg
- Vegetation: Chamaerops humilis | Dwarf Fan Palm, Erigeron karvinskianus | Daisy Fleabane, Hebe sp. | Hebe, Lagerstroemia indica | Crape Myrtle, Myrtus sp. | Myrtle, Phormium tenax | New Zealand Flax, Polygonum sp. | Pink Fleece Flower, Rhododendron ponticum | Azalea, Rosmarinus sp. | Rosemary, Saxifraga sp. | Saxifrage, Strelitzia reginae | Bird of Paradise, Thymus vulgaris | Common Thyme, Tibouchina semidecandra | Princess Flower, Viola sp. | Violet
- Keywords: courtyard, herbaceous, living coating, planting system, shrub, sketch, system, tree, tree cover
In order to consult the original version of this document you should contact the Gulbenkian Archives by e-mail [email protected] and refer the document´s ID