Congress Courtyard – Shrubs
This document of technical specifications is included in a set of documents [i] developed by the landscape architect António Viana Barreto, after being invited, in May 1976, to carry out the project of revitalization or adaptation of certain areas of the park, which he oversaw until December 1979.
Viana Barreto defined as the main objectives the consolidation of the principles that had been defined as fundamental in 1961.
His actions focused on:
– the southern area of the garden;
– the replacement of the elm forest, located in the west, by a honeyberry forest;
– flowerbeds and courtyards.
- Temporal coverage: 1977
- Type of data: Image
- Extension format: 1 desenho
- Media format: jpg
- Materials: concrete, grit, pebbles, planting land, rock
- Vegetation: Berberis thunbergii ‘Atropurpurea’ | Barberry, Berberis thunbergii ‘Atropurpurea’ | Barberry, Cortaderia selloana | Pampas Grass, Juniperus horizontalis ‘Nana’ | Creeping Juniper, Juniperus horizontalis ‘Nana’ | Creeping Juniper, Kniphofia uvaria | Red Hot Poker, Leucadendron argenteum | Silver Tree, Nephrolepis sp. | Fern, Phormium tenax | New Zealand Flax, Rhododendron sp. | Azalea, Romneya coulteri | Coulter's Matilija poppy, Strelitzia reginae | Bird of Paradise, Tibouchina semidecandra | Princess Flower
- Keywords: courtyard, inert coating, living coating, planting system, shrub, system, technical design
In order to consult the original version of this document you should contact the Gulbenkian Archives by e-mail [email protected] and refer the document´s ID