Group Leader across biological scales
Ambitious scientists, at all career stages, are invited to apply for a full-time research position as Group Leader. Deadline for application submission: CALL CLOSED.
The current call is meant to strengthen the ongoing experimental research program at IGC that includes evolutionary biology, immunology and host-microbe interactions, cell and developmental biology and biophysics. We are particularly looking for colleagues that will further develop our cross-disciplinary approaches. Thus, we are particularly interested in candidates with research programs investigating phenomena across scales adding to our ongoing program towards an integrative understanding of organism physiology and population biology.
How to apply
Applications are submitted through the online platform, in English. Documents (in one PDF file) depending on the position level shall be uploaded on the platform.
Attractive topics include (but are not limited to):
- evolutionary biology and mechanisms of inheritance
- mechanisms of homeostasis and their deregulation at any level of biological organization
- physiology, in particular, metabolism and inter-tissue communication
- how the environment (biological, social and physical) shapes physiology
- host-microbe interactions
- mechanistic approaches in biochemistry
- mechanistic approaches in cell and developmental biology
Applicants that link different areas and promote cross-disciplinary approaches are especially encouraged to apply.Know more about IGC Research
Application documents (in one PDF file):
Independently of position level, all applicants should provide:
- Concise CV (max 3 pages) with an addendum containing the publication list;
- Summary of previous research (1 page) and a summary of research planned for the next five years (maximum 3 pages);
- Up to 3 of their publications considered of special merit with a brief explanation of why these were chosen.
- Names and contacts of 2 – 4 potential referees.
- As independent referees might be contacted, candidates can exclude up to 5 referees.
The selection process will focus on the originality of science and fit to the institute. Thus, numerical indicators will not be considered.
Deadline to submit applications: CALL CLOSED
Contact for applications: [email protected]
Queries can be directed to the Deputy Director of Science, Caren Norden: [email protected]