Grants and Scholarships
Grants are provided to support projects related to our five-year plan and scholarships are awarded to university students and researchers in five specific categories.
Our scholarship programme has five major categories:
- Global Excellence (highly qualified graduate Armenian students)
- Armenian Studies
- Undergraduate Studies (from less developed countries)
- Western Armenian Teacher Training
- Short Term Travel Grants for Students/Academics based in Armenia.
Information on how to apply can be found on the page of each scholarship.
In addition to these major categories, we provide occasional scholarships for emergency situations (e.g. Middle East) and Armenian students already living in Portugal.
Through these five scholarship categories, we hope to benefit Armenian students around the world and reinforce Armenian studies.
N.B. ‘Armenian Studies’ is understood in a broad sense and is not confined to Area Studies. It includes politics, sociology, cultural studies, archaeology, history and other disciplines within the social sciences and humanities.Apply for scholarships
Projects submitted should fall within the scope of our four priority areas:
- Promote the preservation of the Armenian language and culture, and the development of the diaspora by linking its different parts and by investing in education;
- Develop a viable Armenia through investing in its youth and their commitment to civil society;
- Improve Armenian-Turkish relations by sponsoring projects that encourage a common understanding of their long shared history;
- Preserve and make available the Armenian literary heritage.
Awarded amounts are variable and depend on the project and its needs. Project Grants are open to all applicants, regardless of nationality or country of implementation.
Visit our projects page to learn more about some of the projects we have supported.Apply for project grants
Serviço das Comunidades Arménias
Avenida de Berna, 45-A
Tel: +351 217 823 658
Working hours: 9:00 to 13:00 and from 14:30 to 17:30 GMT