Grants and Scholarships
Grants are provided to support projects related to our five-year-plan and scholarships are awarded to university students and researchers in five specific categories.
The Armenian Communities Department of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation has revamped its university scholarship programme. The Programme will focus on four principal categories, putting further emphasis on Armenian Studies internationally. The four categories are:
- Armenian Studies Scholarship
- Higher Education Scholarships for Armenian Students in Developing Countries
- Short Term Grant for Armenian Studies
- Short Term Conference and Travel Grants to Students and Young Academics in Armenia.
In addition, the Department will continue supporting Armenian university students studying in Portugal and provide emergency or special circumstances scholarships to students facing extraordinary situations. These applications are considered on an ad hoc basis.
In order to help applicants plan better their financial resources, and enhance transparency further, the Department has decided to fix grant amounts for three of its major scholarship categories (see “Requirements, criteria and conditions” of the scholarships).Apply for scholarships
Projects submitted should fall within the scope of our four priority areas:
- To promote and contribute to the vitality of the Armenian language and culture in the Diaspora. We place particular emphasis on the Western Armenian language;
- To provide academic support to Armenian and Armenian Studies university students and researchers and to promote, more generally, research on Armenian subjects;
- To support civil society and intellectual creativity in Armenia in order to consolidate democratic culture;
- To assist cultural and educational institutions in Turkey that valorise the Armenian presence in the country, and contribute to the improvement of Armenian-Turkish relations.
Awarded amounts are variable and depend on the project and its needs. Project Grants are open to all applicants, regardless of nationality or country of implementation.
Before completing the online form please carefully read the “Requirements, Criteria and Conditions” and “Guidelines” in the documents section.Apply Here
արդ եւս | in view – The Western Armenian Culture Program
The aim of this new grant program is to give creative minds the chance to develop contemporary cultural initiatives conceived and implemented in the Western Armenian language.
The program will accept submissions from individuals, small groups, as well as not-for-profit organizations and institutions. All interested parties above the age of 18 are welcome to apply.
Creative expressions of ideas, experiences and emotions in a wide range of media, including the arts, interdisciplinary and hybrid forms of expression, new music, literature, critical essays and graphic novels, videos, installations, animation, creative broadcasting and any other form of cultural expression in Western Armenian are encouraged.
Please consult the Call for Applications document carefully before applying in the documents section.Apply here
Serviço das Comunidades Arménias
Avenida de Berna, 45-A
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +351 217 823 658
Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, we have limited access to our office land-line. Please send your queries by email and we will try to get back to you as soon as we can.
Working hours: 9:00 to 13:00 and from 14:30 to 17:30 GMT