Preliminary Draft – Watering
As early as 1961, a watering scheme was presented in the Preliminary Draft, which would be further developed in the Execution Plan. This irrigation scheme would last until 1999 without any major alterations. In 1999, the irrigation system had to be replaced and updated. This replacement motivated a new intervention on the garden, to be carried out by Gonçalo Ribeiro Telles between the years 2000 and 2014. The scheme presented for the irrigation geometry defined two categories of sprinklers, based on the characteristics of the irrigation area, as follows:
– Built-in sprinklers, subdivided by pressure (1.5A to 2.5A and 2.5A). These irrigate the flowerpots, coverings, courtyards and lawn areas.
– Mobile sprinklers in areas of woodland or dense vegetation cover.
- Production date: 31/12/1961
- Designers (main authors): BARRETO, António Facco Viana, TELLES, Gonçalo Pereira Ribeiro
- Contributors (co-authors): FCG – Serviço de Projectos e Obras
- Project phase: Do concurso ao anteprojeto
- Identifier: PT FCG FCG:SCT-S006-DES01108
- Temporal coverage: 1961
- Type of data: Image
- Extension format: 1 desenho
- Media format: jpg
- Materials: sprinkler
- Keywords: herbaceous, irrigation system, lake, living coating, shrub, system, tank, technical design, tree, tree cover
In order to consult the original version of this document you should contact the Gulbenkian Archives by e-mail [email protected] and refer the document´s ID