Figueira da Foz, 1919 - Lisbon, 1985
Took a degree in Architecture at EBAL, the Lisbon School of Fine Arts, in 1943), where he was later to lecture (1950-1960). Was one of the directors of the magazine Arquitectura and consultant to the Coimbra University Commission, through which he worked on the archive and remodelling of the Central Library of the Faculty of Letters (1942-1945). He incorporated into his work the modern values of the 1st Architects Conference held in Portugal in 1948. He was awarded the Valmor Prize for architecture on two occasions: for a house in Restelo, Lisbon in 1950, and for the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation building.
Study for Praça Pasteur and Avenida de Paris area for the Lisbon Municipal Council (1947); Housing in Av. Infante Santo, Lisbon (1955); the Coimbra Academic Association (1958-1959); Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and Museum, Lisbon (1959-1969).