- Priority Area Multidisciplinary Investigations on Disinformation in Europe
- Year 2022, 2023
- Country Spain
- Project Status Ongoing
The project “OMEDIALITERACY. Overview of the challenges and opportunities of media literacy policies in Europe” will identify existing knowledge about the effects of disinformation in Europe, comparison of current policies on media literacy and disinformation in member countries, and identification of good practices for overcoming disinformation. To do so, a review will be carried out of the scientific literature, as well as a review of the documentation on policies on disinformation and media literacy in Europe, also comparing disinformation policies and identifying good practices. All the information found will be published in a report with recommendations for policy and practice. The project has built a network between 4 European universities lead by Automonous University of Barcelona (Spain) and with the collaboration from the following institutions Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal), University of Vienna (Austria) and University of Amsterdam (Netherlands).
The project has these specific objectives:
- Identify scientific and grey publications on the proliferation and effects of disinformation, as well as on ways to counter disinformation specially focused on media literacy strategies.
- To know the actions, methodological approaches and policies on disinformation and media literacy in member countries and identification of MIL good practices currently being implemented in Europe.
- To elaborate a report concerning the literature review about the current gaps on disinformation, contribution, and mapping of the MIL good practices.
- To define appropriate management procedures that secure the scientific and technical dimension of the project’s implementation.
- To follow-up, exploit and communicate the project’s results and outputs among the scientific community, policymakers, stakeholders, and end-users to maximize the project’s impact.