Technical Support for NGOs
In order to increase and improve access to the Programme support, technical assistance for NGOs is provided, coordinated by the Bissaya Barreto Foundation, both in the application phase and in the implementation phase of the approved projects.
Access to this technical support is limited to small and medium-sized NGOs (project promoters) that meet one of the following requirements:
- NGOs based outside the Metropolitan Areas of Lisbon and Oporto;
- NGOs created and composed of youth, migrants or other minority groups;
- NGOs that are neighbourhood associations, neighbourhood associations or associations of an intra-municipal level and whose main objective is the civic participation of their community, and that apply to the Programme under Outcome 1 (Strengthened democratic culture and civic awareness) or Outcome 2 (Increased support for human rights).
Support for the preparation of applications
- Organisation of technical workshops on project preparation and submission of applications;
- Review of applications, prior to their formal submission, providing suggestions and recommendations to improve them.
Support for project implementation
- Organisation of technical workshops on administrative and financial management of projects, monitoring and evaluation of initiatives;
- On-site technical support, at the request of the promoters (NGOs), regarding the various areas of project implementation.
For further information see Promoter’s Manual (section 5. Specific / Technical Support for applications and projects – only available in Portuguese).
For technical support to applications and projects contact:
Bissaya Barreto Foundation
Quinta dos Plátanos
Apartado 7049, Bencanta
Phone number: (+351) 239 800 437