Lisbon, 1925 - 1983
Took degree in Architecture at EBAL, Lisbon School of Fine Arts, in 1952, worked for Ministry of Internal Administration, where he collaborated on the setting up of GAT, Technical Support Office. In 1978 he became director of GAT in Montemor-o-Novo. His architectural work was limpid, bare and discreet with a great sense of material economy.
Apartment blocks in Av. da Estados Unidos da América, Lisbon (1955-1957); Portuguese Pavilion at Brussels Universal Exposition (1956-1958); Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation Headquarters and Museum, Lisbon (1959-1969); Hotel in Porto Santo (1962); Housing, Olivais Norte, Lisbon (1963); Sub-Regional Plan for Cacela, Vila Real de Santo António (1966); Jean Monet Building, Lisbon (1974).