Access conditions to the Museum
The reopening of the Calouste Gulbenkian Museum – the Founder’s Collection and temporary exhibitions – to the public in the current pandemic situation requires the definition of concrete measures for the safety of our visitors and to comply with the rules of physical distancing. As such, visitors must observe the following conditions:
- The Museum and temporary exhibitions should only be accessed through the main entrance of the Founder’s Collection building.
All visitors must wear masks inside the Museum, including at the Atrium and Shop.
Organised visits by groups are not permitted, with all educational activities for individuals and schools cancelled until further notice.
A safe distance of 2 metres must be maintained between each visitor within all areas of the Museum, as recommended by the General Directorate of Health.
- The Founder’s Collection has a maximum capacity of 160 people. Specific rooms within the collection, such as the Egyptian Art Room and the René Lalique Room, have a maximum capacity of 4 people.
- The temporary exhibition “The Golden Age of French Furniture”, taking place in the Lower Floor Gallery of the Founder’s Collection, has a maximum capacity of 25 people.
- The Museum Shop is limited to 3 visitors at any one time.
- The Museum’s cloakroom is closed, but visitors can use the lockers in the same location, on the lower floor of the Founder’s Collection.