Access conditions to the Museum
The reopening of the Calouste Gulbenkian Museum and temporary exhibitions to the public in the current pandemic situation requires the definition of concrete measures for the safety of our visitors and to comply the recommendations of the Directorate-General for Health (DGS). The Calouste Gulbenkian Museum received the Clean & Safe Badge, awarded by Ministério da Cultura – Património Cultural, recognizing that the Museum complies with all recommendations.
As such, visitors must observe the following conditions:
- The Museum and temporary exhibitions should only be accessed through the main entrance of the Museum’s building.
- All visitors must wear masks inside the Museum, including at the Atrium and Shop.
- A safe distance of 2 metres must be maintained between each visitor within all areas of the Museum, as recommended by the General Directorate of Health.
- The permanent exhibition has a maximum capacity of 160 people. Egyptian Art Room has a maximum capacity of 3 people and the René Lalique Room has a maximum capacity of 4 people.
The temporary exhibition ‘All I want‘ has a maximum capacity of 50 people (Main Gallery of the Main Building) and 25 people (Temporary Exhibitions Gallery of the Museum).
- The Museum Shop is limited to 3 visitors at any one time.
- The Museum’s cloakroom is closed, but visitors can use the lockers in the same location, on the lower floor of the Museum.