Access conditions to the Museum
The reopening of the Calouste Gulbenkian Museum and temporary exhibitions to the public in the current pandemic situation requires the definition of concrete measures for the safety of our visitors and to comply the recommendations of the Directorate-General for Health (DGS). The Calouste Gulbenkian Museum received the Clean & Safe Badge, awarded by Ministério da Cultura – Património Cultural, recognizing that the Museum complies with all recommendations.
As such, visitors must observe the following conditions:
- The Museum and temporary exhibitions should only be accessed through the main entrance of the Museum’s building.
- All visitors must wear masks inside the Museum, including at the Atrium and Shop.
- A safe distance of 2 metres must be maintained between each visitor within all areas of the Museum, as recommended by the General Directorate of Health.
- The permanent exhibition has a maximum capacity of 250 people. Egyptian Art Room and the René Lalique Room has a maximum capacity of 15 people.
- The Museum Shop is limited to 10 visitors at any one time.