Access conditions to the Museum
The reopening of the Calouste Gulbenkian Museum – the Founder’s Collection and temporary exhibitions – to the public in the current pandemic situation requires the definition of concrete measures for the safety of our visitors and to comply the recommendations of the Directorate-General for Health (DGS). The Calouste Gulbenkian Museum received the Clean & Safe Badge, awarded by Tourism of Portugal recognizing that the Museum complies with all recommendations.
As such, visitors must observe the following conditions:
- The Museum and temporary exhibitions should only be accessed through the main entrance of the Founder’s Collection building.
- All visitors must wear masks inside the Museum, including at the Atrium and Shop.
- Organised visits by groups are not permitted, with all educational activities for individuals and schools cancelled until further notice.
- A safe distance of 2 metres must be maintained between each visitor within all areas of the Museum, as recommended by the General Directorate of Health.
- The Founder’s Collection has a maximum capacity of 160 people. Specific rooms within the collection, such as the Egyptian Art Room and the René Lalique Room, have a maximum capacity of 4 people.
- The temporary exhibition “The Golden Age of French Furniture”, taking place in the Lower Floor Gallery of the Founder’s Collection, has a maximum capacity of 25 people.
- The Museum Shop is limited to 3 visitors at any one time.
- The Museum’s cloakroom is closed, but visitors can use the lockers in the same location, on the lower floor of the Founder’s Collection.