LEAP – Policy Development Initiative
Sustainable Production and Consumption
Applications open for professionals from Public Administration, academia or civil society organizations to participate in LEAP.
Applications must be submitted in English.
- Have a good domain of the English language;
- Hold a post graduate degree (a “licenciatura” degree if graduated before the Bologna harmonization process, or a master’s degree if graduated afterwards);
- Currently employed in Public Administration, civil society organizations (including think-tanks) or academia/research centres in Portugal, regardless of his/her citizenship and contractual relationship;
- Have between 5 and 20 years of professional experience;
- Have proven ability to conduct research, i.e. in-depth knowledge of an issue and skills to do research on it. Research experience includes, but is not limited to, research done as part of a postgraduate degree;
- Have a clear interest in public policy, having previously done policy work;
- Have a very good understanding and previous work experience within their current organization of an issue related to Sustainable Production and Consumption;
- Are collaborative and able to listen to others, work toward consensus and are persistent in the face of adversity;
- Are highly motivated to contribute to policy change;
- Are not currently participating in another national/international training program (e.g., fellowship/scholarship).
From June 17th to July 15th 2019 (5 pm, Lisbon time).
How to apply
- Please check all the eligibility criteria, and read carefully the Regulation, the Call for Applications and the FAQ.
- Only online applications will be accepted.
- Please register by clicking in Login (you will have access to the application form only after you have registered).
- Fill in the form. You may save and continue filling in later.
- Applications will only be accepted after filling the form and uploading the documents required in the Regulation.
- Click the button “Submit application”. You will receive a confirmation email.
To prevent any difficulties in submitting your application, please avoid doing it on the last days.
The evaluation of submitted applications will be carried out by a Selection Commission, to be established by the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation, considering the selection criteria mentioned in the Regulation.
- A 24h extension is granted for the submission of the employer’s letter of support only (i.e., until July 16th at 5 pm to the email mentioned below). Complete applications should be submitted by Monday at 5pm, and instead of the employer’s letter of support, applicants should upload a letter in which they commit to submit the employer’s letter by Tuesday 5pm. If the employer’s letter of support is not submitted before this new deadline, the application will not be valid.
- It is not necessary to submit reference letters. It is only necessary to submit name and contacts of up to three people, which may be contacted if needed.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .