Higher Education Scholarships for Armenian Students in/from Developing Countries
For Students of Armenian origin.
Higher education students, of Armenian origin, who are no more than 25 years old at the time of the application, enrolled in a recognized higher education institution.
The Armenian Communities department of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation encourages students of Armenian origin in/from less developed countries (e.g. Lebanon and other countries in the Middle East) to obtain higher education degrees in any field at a recognized university in their own country of residence or abroad. Up to thirty-five new scholarships will be provided per year for a maximum of three years. Degrees in the social sciences will be privileged in 2023.
The scholarships are open to all disciplines, and are awarded based on merit. However, financial circumstances will be taken into account if such information is provided by the applicant. This scholarship category is principally for undergraduate students, but graduate students will also be considered, especially if the subject matter is in the social sciences.
Each scholarship will be for a fixed sum of 4,000 €.
- Be of Armenian origin.
- Be no more than 25 years old at the time of the application.
- Have outstanding examination and/or school results.
- Be enrolled or accepted in a higher education institution, duly recognized by the local national authorities, in their own country of residence or at a university in Armenia.
- Candidates must declare to the Foundation if they receive other scholarships to obtain their degrees.
How to Apply
- We only accept online applications.
- You need to register before applying.
- Please read the “Requirements, Criteria and Conditions” document available in the documents section above before applying.
- Your application will only be valid after all the mandatory fields of the application form are complete and the mandatory documents are uploaded.
- At the end click on the “Submit” button. We strongly advise candidates not to wait until the last few days before applying.