- Copies from Art Library documents are strictly for personal research, educational and non-commercial purposes. Their use for any other purpose is subject – at the exclusive responsibility of the user – to legislation on copyright, personal rights or any other laws related.
- The use of copies for any other purpose – such as editorial or commercial use – requires prior written permission from the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation.
- Self-service copying obliges Art Library users to observe the legislation on copyright and applicable associated rights.
- Editorial and/or commercial use of copies not in public domain or with restrictions due to personal rights or related to personal privacy law requires prior written permission from owner rights and it is exclusive responsibility of the requester.
- The reuse of images previously reproduced with the permission of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation in a new editorial and/or commercial use requires a new permission request.
- Editorial and/or commercial use of copies requires written mention of their provenance. Two copies of the published work shall also be sent to the Art Library.
- The Art Library may impose restrictions on or prohibit copies of documents from its collections for conservation reasons or due to legislation concerning their diffusion.
How to request and/or make copies
Reprographic services available fee-based (see Pricelist).
Copies can be made using the following systems:
- self-service (b&w photocopies, prints and digitalization);
- by request (colour or b&w laser copies).
Self-service copying and digitalization
There are 3 b&w self-service copiers and one self-service e-copy scanner in the Reading Room. For their use is required to purchase a pre-paid card in a machine at library’s lobby.
The print cards can also be used at the Multimedia room.
Colour and laser-produced b&w copies must be requested at the desk in the Reading Room and are to be delivery within 48h. An order form should be completed to enable readers to prepay the service when ordering. For legal and conservation reasons is not permitted to make copies of special/rare heritage value and fragile documents, and restricted access materials due to the legislation on copyright, personal rights or related to personal privacy.
Multimedia room has two printers (A4 b&w laser). For their use is required to purchase a pre-paid card in a machine at library’s lobby (see Pricelist).
Digitalized images of Art Library collections which are not available in Internet may be requested at desk in the Multimedia room. To request digital copies of documents of Art Library collections is necessary to fill the Digitalization order form (see above) available at Art Library desks. The images supplied may only be used under the terms and conditions set in the Authorization Document.